Structural Health Monitoring
terra® Videobox: Bridge Monitoring, Saale-Elster Viaduct, Germany.
Structural health monitoring comprises the monitoring of existing civil engineering structures.
Due to ever increasing structural requirements, civil engineering structures are continuously subject to stress and strain. Hence, builders need to be able to evaluate the safety of existing structures and to estimate their remaining lifetime. Reliable data on structural safety, usability and fatigue resistance are essential for continued use. Often, either no up-to-date information on the structural characteristics is available or it is incomplete. Thanks to our easily customisable and modular monitoring concept we offer structural monitoring that ensures a reliable and precise data acquisition.
terra® monitors the behaviour of the Saale-Ester viaduct on the new Erfurt–Leipzig/Halle railway link, designed for Germany's high-speed ICE trains that reach up to 186 miles/hour (300 km/hour).
terra® has been installing the required measuring technology depending on the construction progress and automatically monitors the viaduct. The measurements will be carried out over a period of 2.5 years and will provide construction engineers with valuable data on the interaction between the bridge structure and the slab track superstructure for this particular project and future projects.
On behalf of the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) we monitored the structural health of the Eglisau railway bridge in Switzerland. The monitoring concept included strain and displacement measurements and delivered substantial data for the evaluation of the bridge's fatigue resistance.
Our swissMon monitoring web interface provides 24/7 online access. Customers can use the acquired data as a basis for model calculations and can thus make informed decisions at any time.
In the future this monitoring solution will become an increasingly indispensable means of evaluating the structural safety and fatigue resistance of civil engineering structures.
Areas of Expertise
- Consulting & feasibility studies
- Custom structural monitoring solutions
- Project management
- Installation and maintenance of monitoring equipment
- Management of data calculation models
- Convenient web interface access and monitoring alerts
Products and Services
- Short-term and long-term monitoring
- Permanent automated measurements (24/7)
- Convenient web interface access and automated alerts
- Acquisition, analysis and visualisation of data
- Custom-tailored automated calculations and evaluations
- Manufacturer-independent, optimised solution
- Project-specific and custom-tailored monitoring systems
- Fast and efficient on-site work, day or night, saves time and money
- Convincing price-performance ratio
- Bridge monitoring in Eglisau
- Nachweis der Ermüdungssicherheit von Stahlbrücken: Teil 1
- Ermüdungssicherheit von Stahlbrücken: Teil 2
- Nachweis der Ermüdungssicherheit von Stahlbrücken, Teil 1: Ziele u. Messkonzepte
- Ermüdungsicherheit von Brücken, Teil 2: Nachweis basierend auf den Messwerten des Monitoring-Projektes "Bahnbrücke Eglisau".